Clinical Social Worker/Therapist/Counselor
This clinical position works within a biopsychosocial, family systems model, providing the following social services functions to young people affected by problematic digital media use and co-occurring mental health conditions: bio-psycho-social-spiritual assessment, basic consultation, case management, information on mental health issues, psycho-education, complete specialized clinical social work services for clients/families receiving care, crisis intervention, short term supportive family and individual therapy, group therapy and discharge planning. The clinical social worker/therapist utilizes evidence based practice in assisting clients achieve their optimal level of mental and emotional health.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or clinically related mental health field.
Preferred post-Master’s experience in a residential setting, with direct experience in individual and family group therapies, crisis intervention, and treatment planning is preferred. Experience in co-occurring disorders a must. Strong clinical assessment skills, preferred. Licensed associate providers will be considered based on skills, past experience, and qualifications. Familiarity with Internet Gaming Disorder (IGD) a plus, but part of the perks of this position is that you will learn state-of-the-art skills and gain expertise into IGD.
State licensed Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) preferred, but will consider LSWAIC, LMHCA, or LMFTA externs working towards full licensure. Clinical Therapists shall have no history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of five years prior to the time of employment with reSTART and no misuse of alcohol or other drugs while employed by reSTART.
The Clinical Therapist/Social Worker shall work closely with the clinical management team in order to support clients in meeting treatment objectives. Common work activities include:
- Completion of biopsychosocial assessment, risk assessments, master treatment plans, and discharge paperwork for each client
- Ability to carry a caseload of 6-15 youth and adults
- Conduct weekly individual sessions with each client
- Facilitate weekly communication with parents and others on the treatment team
- Assist clients in making informed decisions about their care, relationships and future goals
- Providing consistent care and treatment programs for clients by providing required documentation and case records to other professionals involved with the clients
- Keeping accurate client records, files and documentation for the release of information to other treatment professionals
- Lead psychoeducational, didactic and process groups
- Meet and plan the most effective care plan for the client with other professionals in the field; contributing to, developing and maintaining treatment plans
- Assure that electronic charts are maintained in a timely manner and in accordance with all local, state and national rules and standards and third party payors, as they apply to reSTART
- Attend weekly staff and other meetings as requested by the management team
- Scheduling client appointments including at-home, residential or even visits in hospitals or treatment facilities
- Ensure excellent relations with personnel in the organization, with member institutions, companies and with staff, students and the general public
Experience with demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated competence in preparation of correspondence; strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while efficiently handling multiple and rapidly changing project priorities and job related tasks
- Establish work and scheduling priorities to ensure efficient work flow with proven ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks from multiple sources
- Good grammatical, proofreading and editing skills
- High level of attention to detail and work well under deadlines
- Ability to utilize and maintain ePHI
- Must be familiar and supportive of addiction recovery work
- Be at least twenty-one years of age
- Have the skills and ability to work successfully with the special needs of children in care
- Effective problem-solving and healthy coping skills
- Ability to work with team of clinical and residential staff
- Good communication skills, positive team member, self-starter
- Ability to work in multiple locations and some nights and weekends as needed
Additional Certificates, Licenses and Requirements:
- Valid Washington driver’s license with a driving record that meets agency requirements
- Valid Washington State food handler’s permit
- Current certificate in CPR (in-person), First Aid as a condition of hire
- Completion of CPI non-violent crisis intervention within 30 days of employment (training provided by reSTART)
- Proof of negative TB test
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug screenings
- Must pass pre-employment background check
- This is a full-time salaried exempt position
- Benefits: Vacation and sick leave after full-hire (180 provisional period
Founded in 2009, reSTART Life, LLC is the nation’s premiere program for digital technology sustainability. reSTART serves emerging adults with problematic digital technology use and co-occurring mental health conditions. Youth 13-17 and Young adults 18-30 are referred by Family Members, Wilderness Programs, Treatment Centers, Ed Consultants, and Healthcare Providers who recognize the benefits of having a plan for managing digital distractions.
reSTART provides innovative, evidence-based care through closely monitored programs and unique resident incentives, creating a comfortable, safe environment for people to heal and flourish.
We offer several unique programs within our family of services: a Short-Term Intensive Program that consists of an 8-12 week treatment stay during which individuals fully participate in the daily therapeutic milieu; and an independent living program based in Redmond, WA for individuals embracing a limited digital lifestyle while attending college, working, or volunteering in the community. Individuals connected with reSTART engage in individual, group, and family therapy with community providers specializing in problematic Internet and video game use.
reSTART operates in Fall City, Redmond, and Monroe, Washington
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,500.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- Substance Misuse/Abuse/Addiction: 1 year
- Experience working with Children/Youth: 2 years