Residential Treatment for Teens 13 – 18
Teens struggling with depression, anxiety, ASD, ADD/ADHD, and PTSD in need of video game addiction treatment, and support for screen dependence
Serenity Mountain Campus | Located in the Pacific Northwest, east of Seattle
For more than 8 years, reSTART has been petitioned by parents and professionals to build a program to meet the distinct needs of today’s adolescent youth. Whether a person needs Internet video game addiction treatment (IVGA), or help with Internet gaming disorder (IGD), screen-time addiction treatment, eSports, gaming or social media use, our program is designed to treat the whole person, not just one identified problem. With the opening of our state-of-the-art adolescent teen campus we’ve named Serenity Mountain; behavioral tech problems, mental health and medical conditions are always addressed together.
In a world filled with endless virtual influences impinging on personal and family connection, we are thrilled to have settled on a location rich in chill, and long on calm. At a time in an adolescent’s life when everything seems in commotion, the sprawling 32-acre Serenity Mountain campus offers inspiration, awe and wonder at every footstep – an important aspect of healing. Nature, along with our professionally trained clinicians, assist young people in better understanding technology related behavioral distractions, and the impact use has on them and their entire family. This whole-person, whole-family natural approach to care fosters hope for families struggling to manage a child’s use on their own. Located on adjoining properties are two licensed staffed residential care homes, which we call Sky Ridge and Wood Creek. Each home is designed with young people in mind, and can care for a maximum of 8 in each home, for a total of 16. These small group sizes afford a real sense of community, connection, safety and support.
reSTART offers the following services for adolescents:
INTENSIVE ASSESSMENT PROGRAM | In-depth Assessment and Evaluation*
Our Intensive assessment phase is designed for a comprehensive evaluation of individual and family functioning. Length of stay differs by person, and typically runs about 12-16 weeks. During this time, our specialized team of skilled clinicians works with individuals and their families to better understand the complex nature of digital media use, video game addiction, the inherent developmental challenges being faced, and the underlying medical and mental health conditions like depression, anxiety, social anxiety, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), post-traumatic stress (PTSD) and other traumas which complicate a desire to change. Together with the clinical team, a life-balance plan is developed to address all aspects of an adolescent’s life.
SUSTAINABLE THERAPEUTIC PROGRAM | Boarding School 6-12 Months*
For those requiring longer term care, our Sustainable Therapeutic extended care program provides year-round support, with a typical stay lasting 6-12 months. Individuals transitioning from a intensive primary care setting** are eligible for direct admission into the sustainable therapeutic program.
reSTART’s comprehensive integrated youth and family treatment approach includes:
- A safe, warm and friendly environment designed to feel like home
- Private school registered with OSPI
- Academic coursework accredited and transferable from Alta Independent program
- Onsite mental health services with interdisciplinary providers specializing in co-occurring conditions
- Personalized educational and academic programs to meet individual needs
- Mind body therapies (e.g., yoga, mindfulness, biofeedback) shown to improve emotional and behavioral concerns
- Family support and coaching
- An expansive campus for exploration, learning and personal growth
- Specialized understanding of problematic digital media use and Internet gaming disorder
- Connection with continuing care resources
THERAPEUTIC SUMMER PROGRAM | 9-16 weeks June-August
For those requiring a summer program, our clinically sound therapeutic program provides in-depth support, with a typical stay lasting 9-16 months.
Our therapeutic summer program is part summer camp, but largely clinically based, offering:
- Connection with other teens coping with similar digital media issues
- Specialized clinical team versed in mental health and behavioral addictions
- Staff who are licensed and background checked with in-depth ongoing training
- Accredited credit recovery coursework available and transferable through Alta Independent program
- Unique one-of-a-kind proprietary clinical program developed exclusively by reSTART
- Supportive family weekend gathering at conclusion of program
Note: With only 16 beds, our program fills up fast. Please plan accordingly and apply now, or plan to enroll earlier than June to ensure you have a space.
CONTINUING CARE | Long Term Parent Coaching*
reSTART’s in-depth life-balance planning process assists individuals in understanding the intricate nature of screen addiction, and helps users identify the risks and benefits of sustainable use, potential relapse obstacles, and the family and community connections needed to maintain a healthy sustainable lifestyle.
STAY IN A SAFE NATURAL FAMILY SETTING DESIGNED TO FEEL LIKE “HOME”
Adult participants in the Retreat Center Program begin process of sustainable change with a stay at Rise-Up Ranch and then to Heavensfield Retreat Center. Situated in a serene natural environment in rural Fall City, Washington in the Pacific Northwest. Our life sharing community offers a variety of features designed to promote healthy recovery, including:
- Residential home setting in a life-sharing community
- 5-acres of open park-like grounds with fields and forested trails
- Expansive private setting which offers ample space for quiet reflection
- Participation in daily household and outdoor activities
- Active involvement in a family/peer connected lifestyle
COMMUNITY SERVICES AVAILABLE
Restart Professional Group is located in Redmond, WA and provides our clinical services along with other local community providers. Services available include:
- Treatment for Internet Use Disorder (IUD) (Internet addiction (IAD), videogame addiction treatment, cell phone addiction, internet gaming disorder (IGD) or other problematic technology use
- Diagnostic Interview to assess problematic digital technology use
- Psychiatric assessment, medication management and maintenance
- Mental health counseling support
- Medical assessment, evaluation and treatment
- Orthodontic and dental care coordination
- Personalized fitness assessment and training
- Scholastic mentoring and tutoring
- Career guidance