Family Coaching Program
Family Coaching Program
Restart’s treatment philosophy promotes family participation in a client’s treatment during their stay. Parent and family involvement in the assessment and treatment process is essential to providing quality treatment services. Restart recognizes that partnering with families enables the client to maintain and improve vital family relationships. Restart makes reasonable efforts to talk with the client and family prior to admission to our retreat center program to discuss the following:
- Reason for admission
- Preparation for admission
- What the client and family can expect during the client’s treatment
- Initial bio-psycho-social assessment of treatment needs
- Possible barriers to successful treatment
- Continuing care and planning
Restart recognizes parents as full partners in their adult child’s interagency treatment team. It is expected that they will participate in monthly treatment team meetings intended to plan, implement, and evaluate his or her treatment. In addition,
- Restart promotes and encourages regular communication between the client and his or her family, most frequently by letters, weekly telephone calls, visits, and participation in family therapy workshops prior to re-entry into the community.
- Restart maintains a list of parents of clients willing to support each other in the process of recovery.
- Restart promotes regular communication between the family and Restart staff as outlined in the Parent Handbook provided upon admission.
- Restart assists the client and family in discussing the kinds of family relationships they would like to have, resolving family conflicts, coping with being separated from family, and planning visitation both on and off campus.
- Restart provides regular family visitation time on Sundays from 1 PM to 4 PM. Other visiting arrangements can be made by request.
- Restart coordinates linkages for families to receive services from their own local resources as appropriate.
- Restart offers a family coaching program and family workshops with trained therapists and coaches who understand technology related behavioral addictions and the recovery process.
Family members have the option of speaking with a parent coach by phone for a one-hour session each week for five weeks while participants are in treatment at reSTART. Family coaching is an excellent opportunity to confront the problems occurring in the family which help maintain addiction. Learn about the nature of addiction, set healthy boundaries, and address individualized issues which serve as a barrier to healthy family functioning.