At&T offers a tool called “Smart limits for wireless” which allows limits to be set in the following areas:
- Number of text and instant messages
- Who the phone can call or text (incoming and outgoing) by blocking or allowing certain numbers
- Dollar amount of downloadable purchased (ringtones, games and more)
- Set times the phone can send messages, place and receive calls
- Control content which may be inappropriate for children
- Amount of web browsing/data usage allowed
Users receive alerts when limits are being approached. Once a user approaches or meets the limit, the user will not be able to engage in the activity until the next billing cycle.
Limits do not affect a person being able place a call to 911, or contact “allowed” numbers.
At a reasonable price per month, this is a “family enhancing” and life sustaining product.